Best Car Insurance Companies In India
People love choices. There is a sense of joy when you have the option to choose from a lot. However, having too many options to choose from can sometimes lead to utter confusion. This is more so the case when it comes to choosing the right car insurance company in India. There are so many options that it can be a little overwhelming to find the right car insurance for your vehicle.
However, there’s nothing to worry as we have listed the best car insurance companies in India which will help you familiarize with the different car insurance schemes in the country.
1. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited
This is one of the best general insurance companies in India. It is a project undertaken by ICICI Bank. When it comes to car insurance, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is at the forefront. It has a very strong presence in the insurance marketplace.
Here are some of the benefits covered by ICICI Lombard insurance:
- Damage of vehicle due to natural calamities
- Damage of vehicle due to man-made calamities
- 6 months quality assurance on all repairs
- Simple and easy car insurance claim settlement procedure.
- Personal Accident Cover
2. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company is a joint venture of Bajaj Finserv Limited and Allianz SE. It rightfully has its place among the best car insurance companies in India. It has quite a number of insurance products. The car insurance offered by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited comes with a host of benefits.
Here are some of them:
- Transfer of 50% of No Claim Bonus (NCB) from any other motor insurer.
- 4000+ garages across India.
- 24×7 Roadside Assistance facilities.
- Zero depreciation cover.
- Towing Facility, in case of a vehicle breakdown or an accident.
3. Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture of the Tata Group and American International Group (AIG). When it comes to the best car insurance companies in 2019, this company definitely makes it to the list. It offers insurance services in 98 locations and has its 152 branches spread across the country.
Here are 5 plans with their motor insurance segment from Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited:
- Liability Only Policy
- Auto Secure-Two Wheeler Package Policy
- Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
- Long-Term Two Wheeler Package Policy
- Auto Secure-Commercial Vehicle Package Policy
You can choose from any one of these motor insurance policies that fit your insurance requirements.
4. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company is a joint venture of HDFC Ltd and ERGO International AG. It offers insurance services in 91 locations and has its 108 branches spread across the country.
There are some interesting benefits that you can avail from the car insurance segment of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company which are mentioned below:
- 24×7 assistance every day of the week throughout the year.
- Paperless/zero documentation.
5. The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. is run by the Government of India. It has its head office in Mumbai and has its branches in 28 countries all over the world. It is one of the oldest insurance companies in India with more than 40 years of service. It has over 230 insurance products one of which is the car insurance plan which covers all aspects of a motor insurance policy.
6. The Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.
Another public sector company in India, the Oriental Insurance Company Limited, had its beginning in 1947. It is operated the Government of India and is headquartered in New Delhi. It takes care of the insurance needs of both the urban and the rural population of India.
7. Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd.
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture of Bharti Enterprises and AXA. It caters to the insurance needs of the general people and provides comprehensive insurance solutions for different sectors like health, motor, home, etc.
Here are some of the benefits covered by Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd.:
- 24X7 claims assistance
- Hassle-free claim settlement
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- No-Claim Bonus Protector
8. United India Insurance Co. Ltd.
This is one of the most trusted insurance companies in the country. It began its operations in 1938. Till date, it has gained over 1 crore policyholders from all over India.
It offers two types of car insurance plans – Package Plan and Liability Plan.
Here are some of the key features of the car insurance policy from United India:
- No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- Hassle-free and fast documentation process
9. Reliance General Insurance Company
The Reliance General Insurance Company has the credit of being the first insurance company to be ISO 9001:2000 certified. It very much deserves to be on the list of best car insurance companies in India.
Here are some of the features of the insurance plan offered by Reliance General Insurance Company:
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance cover
- Cashless garages with over 3800 garages across the country
- 24×7 roadside assistance
- Instant renewal of motor insurance
10. Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is a joint venture of Karnataka Bank, Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Dabur Investments and the Sompo Japan Insurance Company. Its headquarters are at Mumbai, India.
Here are the benefits of getting your car insured through this company:
- 24×7 customer support
- Optional coverage for personal accident
- Optional coverage for paid drivers
We hope this list of the best car insurance companies in India has made your job of choosing the right insuracne company easier. However, we suggest you to go a little more in-depth into the terms and conditions of these companies before making your decision.